Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Introductions Please

Here I go. I am not going to use my last name, and other specifics, so here is a simple introduction to my family. I am Michelle, my husband is Steven, and my son is James. We have one dog, Peanut, and several fish.

I have been married for almost 11 years. We are faithful members to a local Church of Christ in our area.

Our son is 5 1/2 years old and just graduated from pre-kindergarden. He is excited about going to the next grade level and did not want to be out of school for the summer. We have been slowly letting him learn how to use the computer. We bought him a Playstation 2 a couple of weeks ago and he loves it. He has really gotten the hang of it and is really beating the games that we got him. ***Yes, we limit his time on it so that he does not become a couch potato.***

My husband drives a truck for a delivery company near where we live and they deliver construction equipment and other things. He likes to work on fast and obnoxiously loud things like motorcycles and cars. Right now he is working on an older model Ford Mustang, I do not know the year, that is stupid loud. Every time he cranks it up to test it out, our dog, Peanut, starts barking at the door. While our son is covering his ears because of the dog and the loud car.

I am a stay at home mom who is also disabled. I have several different things that are wrong with me and that is why I am not able to work at this time. I have what is called spinal stenosis. That is where the bones that encase the spinal cord are not correctly formed. They were like that from birth. My whole spinal column is messed up. The only way to fix it is to do surgery and that is not going to happen right now. I also have fibromyalgia. I have a mental disease also called bipolar disorder. The combination of all these problems makes it very hard to complete my days. I have a good support system in place for times that I am not able to take care of my son.

That is about it for the introductions. Now I am off to start blogging.